Monday, January 21, 2013

MacDonald First Round Props


Above is an idea for a table used during her performance. I thought it could be fun if it  "magically" collapses when she's packing up at the end of the day. Think Mary Poppinsish.



This is the concept for her packed up performance gear. I wanted her equipment to look well used and timeless. Also thought her briefcase could have a pop up poster inside she uses to grab attention.



A simple bird cage. This is something that could be off to the side of her performance. Maybe full of a few birds in one scene then empty the next as if she did a trick and made them disappear.


Her lounge chair back home. I was going for the Victorian look with carved wood covered in lush fabric with a floral print.

Lastly the magic wand. One thing I wanted to do was break away from the typical wand a magician uses. This is something tied into the street performer character trait. I noticed most performers customize things as part of their gimmick. But then I thought "what if her wand was the key to her house?" and instead of inserting a key, she presses the wand into the empty slot on the door and voila! Just something to think about. I also added a small ribbon to grab more attention to the wand and add an opportunity for some fun overlap animation.